YEP, HERE I AM...
Feeling like that awkward kid in fifth grade, asking you to pick me for your COOL team.
Anyway, I hear you're looking for podcasts guests, and I'd like to tell you a little about how I can benefit you and your listeners.
Here are just a few of topics that I think your readers might find helpful:
- Connecting the threads of your life to help guide your future. This is how I figured out that I should start a business, and what the business would be.
- My own story of stepping out of the norm and how I came to start Signify. You can read a little here, but I think many aspects are relatable to others.
- Why cause-focused organizations like nonprofits and social enterprises are the future of business
- What business leaders can learn from nonprofits and vice versa
- Faith and business
- Work/life rhythm and the importance of taking business and personal retreats
- Taking the leap to entrepreneurship with chronic illness issues
- The benefits of mentors and accountability partners
- Easy-to-implement marketing strategies and tactics
- Why internal communication to your staff and volunteers is just as important as external communication to your customers and donors
Obviously, these are a little general since they live on this webpage. But I'd be glad to think up some spiffy subjects that more tailored to your fans.
I will also happily promote the episode to my tribe on social media and email. It would be rude not to!
WHO AM I TO TALK ABOUT THOSE THINGS?
In a sentence: Kristi Porter is a writer and consultant who helps nonprofits and social enterprises get noticed and grow through effective marketing and communications.
In a paragraph: Kristi Porter helps small nonprofits and for-profits with a social mission get noticed and grow through effective marketing and communications. She believes that cause-focused organizations are the future of business. They're proof that companies can both make money and do good. And she's here to make sure they focus and shine. When they succeed, we all win.
(Note: Forgive me for speaking of myself in the third person. I just decided to make it easier for you to copy and paste, if needed. Otherwise, no one needs that gal/guy in their lives.)
A FEW PLACES I'VE BEEN:
- 37 the Podcast: my episode
- Business RadioX: Social Entrepreneurship Series (starting at 36:40)
- Social Greatness Podcast: Episode 10
- VoyageATL: Meet Kristi Porter of Signify
- Fem Founder: Q&A with Social Entrepreneur, Kristi Porter
- Business News Daily: Impress the Press: The Right Way to Respond to HARO Queries
- Yellow & Co: The Impact of Planning a Personal Retreat
- Networking for Nice People: Re-Networking, An Unusual, But Significant Career Investment
- Connect Faith: What Makes a Great Leader?
- Orange Leaders: 3 Tips for Finding a Personal Mentor or Establishing a Culture of Communication
- Be the Bridge: My Journey Toward Justice Education
- Website: www.signify.solutions
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SignifySolutions
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/991897777605157/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/SignifySolution
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kporter9876
- Personal Instagram: www.instagram.com/kporter9876
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/wesignify
SIGNIFY'S ORIGIN STORY:
My friends are the reason I started my business in July 2016. I have a lot of friends with small businesses—nonprofits, ministries, and social enterprises—who needed marketing and business communications help, and would frequently ask me questions. Because they were small, they couldn’t afford someone like me full-time on their staff, so I was accessible and happy to help them succeed. But in talking with them, I learned they could almost all afford to pay for project help. I knew there were more organizations out there like them, and that was the springboard for what I’m doing now. So, I work with clients on projects to help further their cause by looking and sounding more professional.
My background includes writing, marketing, advertising, public relations, social media, events, content marketing, blogging, strategy, and business communications, which I’ve utilized across various industries over the past, ahem, 15 years. And I’ve worked in cool places such as a hospitality public relations firm, an environmental nonprofit, and a Christian curriculum and event company. I have also freelanced for several local and national publications. You can read more on my About page and on my first blog post.
Just let me know if there's anything else you need! I'd love to play on your cool team. :)
I'm Kristi Porter, and I started Signify to help small nonprofits and for-profits with a social mission get noticed and grow through effective marketing and communications. I believe that cause-focused organizations are the future of business. They're proof that companies can both make money and do good. And I'm here to make sure they focus and shine. When they succeed, we all win.