GET REWARDED FOR SHARING ABOUT SIGNIFY!
If you've known me for a while, or even had an hour-long conversation with me, you know that I love sharing books, podcasts, movies, people, and organizations that I love or that would benefit people I know. I think a lot of us are like this.
And after launching Signify in July 2016, I have been incredibly blessed to work with friends, and friends of friends. It's been a cornerstone of my business, and I'd love for that to continue. This is fun not only because I get to help people I know (or people you know), but it brings in quality clients that I enjoy working with. It's like having a built-in, pre-screening system.
So, to help make it easier for you to share about me and Signify, I've put together this formal referral program. In short, I want to give you free stuff for talking about my services!
(Quick note: This page is not a public link people can find on my website, so please do not share it without my permission.)
Here's how I'll reward you:
If your referral becomes a client, you get your choice of:
- $50 AMEX gift card for contracts under $500
- $100 AMEX gift card for contracts over $500
- Two-hour marketing consultation, valued at $200. This would be the option for those who would rather apply my expertise to your own marketing efforts. If you're local, we'll meet in person. If you're not, we'll video chat. I'll be able to hear all about what you've got going on, marketing-wise, and provide feedback, suggestions, and action steps while we talk. (You could even be super charitable and gift this to one of your favorite organizations.)
- 5% of the contract. This option is only open to official Referral Partners, and allows them to take advantage of higher value contracts.
If your referral doesn't become a client, I'll still send you a $10 Starbucks gift card for sharing. And coffee makes rejection easier. ;)
My Ideal Client:
Signify exists to help nonprofits, social enterprises, and for-profits with a social mission get noticed and grow through effective marketing and communications. This is primarily accomplished through copywriting and marketing strategy consulting.
So, what does that mean? You can read more about Signify's humble origins right here, but the gist is that I utilize writing and consulting services to make cause-focused organizations look and sound more professional so they can build a larger audience, increase sales or donations, and do more good. You can get a better idea by reading through my example services or looking at some of my clients.
From time-to-time, I do also have clients that fall outside of these parameters, and most often that happens because they've been referred to me. As long as I have capacity, I'm happy to help anyone I can, especially when they're doing something that benefits others in some way.
How to Promote Me:
If I was asking you to promote a specific event, fundraiser, product, etc., I would create social media posts, blogs, and emails that you could just copy and paste. Unfortunately, I don't think there is really a one-sized-fits-all answer here because needs vary from organization to organization. And, really, I'd rather you promote me in your own words because that's more personal and meaningful for the recipient.
But here are some ideas:
- Email relevant friends and family with information about me and Signify, stating specifically how you think I can help them. (Note: This works best via one-to-one emails rather than mass emails.)
- Will you be hanging out with someone who could be a potential client? Bring me up!
- Post about Signify on your blog with the links that would be most helpful to your readers.
- Share links to my information on your social media. (Note: While this would be wonderful as well, the less personalized it becomes, the less effective it becomes. And I'd really love to reward you!)
- Website: www.signify.solutions
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kporter9876
- 37 The Podcast interview: http://bit.ly/2EZPdmR
- Profile on Voyage ATL: http://bit.ly/2CYY0V3
- Launch Marketing Checklist: http://bit.ly/signifylaunchlist
- 21 Free or Cheap Marketing Ideas: http://bit.ly/signify21
- If you'd like me to help you find a specific piece of content, like a blog post, that works best for your friend or audience, just let me know!
What About "Those Friends"?
Do you have some noncommittal friends? We all do. I mean, RSVP already, right?!?!?
If this is the case, here are a few ways that I can nurture my relationship with them, and they could become a client down the line, even if they aren't ready yet. These options might be a good follow-up if they say they're interested, but not right now.
Depending on the relationship and need, you can either:
- Send this person to one of the links above that will be helpful to them, and they can poke around and reach out to me via the contact page, or
- Connect them directly to me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEED SOMETHING ELSE?
If there's some other piece of info you need from me that would help you explain Signify or my services better, please don't hesitate to ask!
I'm grateful for you, and I can't wait to help your friends!
Q. Should I tell people that I'll get something in exchange for referring them to Signify?
A. It's totally up to you, but you're probably talking to these people because you want them to have help that furthers their mission. So, they probably won't mind! And I'll be offering this same option to all clients as well, so they could be doing the same thing down the line. :)
Q. Do I have to be a nonprofit or social enterprise to chose the two-hour consultation as my reward?
A. Nope! I'm happy to extend this offer to anyone.
Q. How will I know if you referred them?
A. I always ask people how they found me, but you can also ask them to name drop you as well.
Q. When will you get your reward?
A. Once I see the money, you'll see the money! If you prefer the consultation, we'll get that scheduled once the fee comes in.
Q. Do I get paid every time my contact starts a new project with you?
A. Sorry, just the first time!
Any other Q's?
Hi, there! I'm Kristi Porter, and I started Signify to help small nonprofits and for-profits with a social mission get noticed and grow through effective marketing and communications. I believe that cause-focused organizations are the future of business. They're proof that companies can both make money and do good. And I'm here to make sure they focus and shine. Because when they succeed, we all win.